Sunday, October 7, 2007

Band-aids might cure cancer!


You may as well know the secret we've been keeping. Band-aids can cure anything . . . possibly even cancer. Paige is working on the research now. She started yelling during dinner that her lip hurt. "I think I need a band-aid" she sobbed. When I said "no" the sobs turned to full out screaming and writhing in pain. Sometimes you do what you have to do to make the noise stop, so we headed to the bathroom for a band-aid, and SURPRISE the pain immediately stopped. IT'S A MIRACLE! Dr. Shane's diagnosis . . . sudden onset lip pain. How can you take a kid seriously when they have a band-aid on their lip?

6 comments:

Jenny Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny Lou said...

I think you might be onto something. It's amazing what Band-aids cure. This made me laugh. :)

Jen

Corinne said...

I have to say that I have never put a band aid on anyone's lip, but it is a very fine statement! How stinking funny!

Anonymous said...

I know- bandaids are amazing! We stock up on them! LOVE this picture!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Whenever Hannah hurts herself, she asks me if it's red. Because then she gets a band-aid. How many kids get disappointed that they're not bleeding enough for a bandage? This is bordering on obsession.

Once I got a box of cheap bandages and let her go to town. She came out of quiet-time absolutely covered!

Anonymous said...

Great work.