
Tyler took this one! I'm so proud!

Montezuma's Castle (Indian Ruins)


Slide Rock Park



Cairns "Prayer Rocks"


Cathedral Rock

This weekend we went to Shane's continuing education conference in Sedona, AZ. It was fun to get away and see the gorgeous red rocks. We went to Slide Rock Park, which is a kind of swimming hole in the summer and the kids put their feet in. I went into red rock crossing park and took some pictures of Cathedral Rock. I could have stayed there all day. It was so quiet and peaceful by the creek and the view was just amazing. Along the trail there was a section across the creek full of "cairns." People pray or make wishes as they stack the rocks. I couldn't believe that they stayed put like that. Such a delicate balance. I was afraid I might step wrong and knock over someone's "prayer." I don't know if they withstand the weather, but I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures.
I guess that's only my version of the trip. I'm sure the kids saw the trip through totally different eyes. I suppose that their favorite parts were jumping from bed to bed at the Days Inn in Camp Verde,(which Inn I would not recommend) lounging on the hide-a-bed in the Hilton Sedona, visiting the toy shop in downtown Sedona, swimming in the spa and "trick-or-treating" at the conference hospitality suites (displays from the optometry vendors). One room had a chocolate fountain that they couldn't get enough of. I said to Paige, aren't you glad that we're in this nice hotel? She said, "I liked the other one better. They had Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry on their TV and fruit loops for breakfast." It just goes to show you, kids just aren't impressed by the glitz and glam. All they want is cartoon network and free breakfast.
10 comments:
Hey, it is so pretty there! I had no idea that Arizona had such beautiful landscape. I thought there was just big old cactus everywhere! Great pictures!
We were going to go there when we lived in ABQ. Joe's dad went there a couple of times and loved it! There just isn't enough time to do it all I guess. Those are great pics! Paige would get a long well with Joe... Cartoon network and Fruit Loops? That's his kind of gal! :)
Kayleen, you got some awesome photos! Wow! The landscape shot with the reflection in the water is awesome and I LOVE that photo of your daughter. Looks like a fun trip.
By the way, I have a few questions I was wanting to ask you, but figured it'd be easier to just e-mail you if you don't mind. Could you send me your e-mail address at beckythalgott(at)yahoo(dot)com? That woudl be great. Thanks!
Can't wait to see your pic blown up, you got some good shots! Fun fun, I'm glad you guys had a good time. See ya later, I gotta get the girls to bed
Amazing photos! They totally make me homesick for the west. So beautiful!
You're amazing! And what a cute family!!! Thanks for posting so I can partake from long distances :)
Hello long lost friend! So I dropped my phone in the water and my phone lost all my numbers and I need yours! When can we plan a park day? Call or e-mail immediatly..or when ever you get around to it! :) Hope you are doing well.
Hello There Kayleen~
I love your pictures. They are fabulous. I have a question... how do you run the eye pop action? I cannot figure it out for the life of me. I bought some of Nichole V's actions, and I really want Cash's eyes to stick out because they are so blue, but can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks!
Great pics. Look like you guys had alot of fun! I love the picture of Paige jumping from bed to bed. isn't so funny how all kids do that? Kale goes crazy in hotel rooms! You would think it was like Disneyland! Glad you guys had fun!
Ahhh..vacation. You make me want to go west again, kayleen!
Post a Comment