Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Just turn it off!
So. . . for a couple of months now I've been fighting "morning sickness", or as I like to call it, all day sickness. To top it all off, we've all come into a lovely cold accompanied with fever, chills, stuffy nose and cough. Our best friend has been the T.V. My visiting teachers just came over to see me, and thank goodness for that because it forced me to actually clean my house and turn off that blasted T.V. What have I been thinking? Could I have filled my head with more garbage in the last 2 months. . . no, probably not! It's time to just turn it off. I may go through withdrawals, but I highly doubt it. Mostly I'll probably just find more time to read my scriptures, read a book, read Paige a book, clean my house, prepare dinner more than 5 minutes in advance, go for a nice long walk, teach Tyler how to ride his bike, put some thought into family home evening, bake(it sounds far fetched, but you never know!)call a friend, write a thank-you note, take my kids to the park, take a picture of my kids doing something besides watch t.v., finish the laundry all the way down to actually folding the clothes and putting them away, meet a new friend, play the piano. . . and the list could go on. AMAZING what can be done in a day. And just remember. . . only you can prevent Lethargy. I have to give a big SHOUT OUT to Shasta and Meredith. I couldn't ask for better VTeachers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
No one can understand morning sickness like a woman! Congrats for surviving, however you did it. I hope the list of things "to be done" is an indication that you are moving into the honeymoon phase of pregnancy and starting to have some energy.
Kayleen,
I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't feel too bad about the TV. Just do whatever you gotta do to get through the sick part! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Love, Sum
Hey! That's pretty funny! I'm only laughing because I know exactly how you feel!
Oh, I've so been there before!! Hope you guys are all feeling better, especially hoping that the morning sickness is subsiding. TV isn't an evil thing, it's a necessary thing sometimes!
Oh, I miss you!!! If you were here we could chat for hours and would never have to turn the tv on!!!
Okay, you posted this five days ago...have you done everything on your list yet!!??
Just kidding! Oh Kayleen, only a mother as good as you could feel bad about watching too much TV when everyone has the sniffels and coughs and you have the all-day sickness. better days are coming girl.
I love it! You've got some great ideas there. let me know how it goes! But don't feel too bad, I always watch t.v. those first months when I am sick. IT just helps!
And we need to get Kale add Tyler together. He will not stop talking about him!
Hey!! I am glad you found us on here. Blogging is such a fun way to keep in touch with people!! Your blog is really cute, and your kids are adorable! I will have Kyle check it out when he gets home!
Bryn
Post a Comment