My absolute favorite part of Christmas is the music. I listen all day while I'm working around the house. I listen in the car on the way to my photo shoots to put me in the Christmas mood. I used to listen to Bing Crosby with my headphones in my bed as I fell asleep when I was younger. My 4 favorite songs are Jingle Bells (Bing Crosby & the Andrews Sisters), Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (Bing Crosby & the Andrews sisters), The Man With the Bag (Kay Starr) and Sleigh Ride (Andy Williams).
It's all for kicks you know. Puts me in the Christmas mood. But, what really tugs at my heartstrings is my little (but very tall) Paige and 4 of her best little friends singing "Away in a Manger" in church today. Oh, they sounded so sweet!
Then, to top the day off, the senior primary kids (all 18 bazillion of them) sang their little hearts out to "Christmas Bells" and "Stars Were Gleaming" along with the cello and violin. So gorgeous and reverent as can be! I can't wait until next Sunday's program.
What's your favorite Christmas song and artist?
8 comments:
Love Bing Crosby as well! And Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, and on a modern note, Josh Groban.
Mary Sweet Marry by Selah. It is a very "sweet" song. I actually sang it for our stake's Music For a Sunday Evening program. It's very pretty. You should look it up on iTunes.
Can never get enough Hallelujah Chorus. Also love the Little Drummer Boy. We also have traditional music playing most of the day.
Kayleen,
I'm pretty sure I've never commented on your blog before, but I must admit I do read it from time to time. Anyway, my new favorite Christmas CD is "Christmas From the Heart" by David Archuleta. (You know the cute little Utah boy who was runner-up on American Idol.) Rick and I went to his concert at BYU-I a week ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. His version of Pat-a-pan is great as well as all the other songs! I also love many of the pieces in the Messiah.
Paige was awesome yesterday! It was so cute watching these little angels singing that beautiful hymn. It REALLY brought the Spirit to the meeting.
I also love Christmas music. Up until the last couple of months I was listening to Christmas music on my Ipod at work. My favorite song is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I love Josh Groban's Christmas CD. Do you have a copy of that one? If not, let me know. :)
This year my favorite song has been "O Holy Night" by Josh Groban. I also love Bing Crosby and pretty much all Christmas music!
Funny you bring this topic up. The other day I was listening to my favorite Christmas music, The Carpenter's Christmas Albumn. It reminded me of listening to the vinyl record at your house. Good times!
Alan
The girls did so well! I can't do Christmas without Bing. And I also love Andy Williams, The Carpenters, and Kristin Chenoweth's album.
Post a Comment