Monday, May 3, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

Today, I tackled this:




I'm not talking about my kids. . . or my ac unit.

Those would have been much more fun. I'm talking about the WEEDS the size of my kids. Now, this photo was taken during our treasure hunt at Easter. Easter. A whole month ago. Those weeds have doubled in size since the photo was taken.

Grueling. . . and sort of embarrassing.

And that's just the side yard. I also took on 3/4 of the back yard. Now, that wasn't as bad. The weeds were much smaller.

The worst part: 85 degrees. Bending over. A gap on my back where my shirt and pants didn't meet. Didn't know until 3 hours had passed outside. HELLO sunburn shaped like a frown.

Common now, it's time for you to expose your dirty secrets. Laundry piled up? Dust thick enough to grow veggies in? So many dirty dishes that you resorted to paper and plastic? I just feel like being truthful, that's all. You might feel better too, if you just show us your true self.

7 comments:

Hollie said...

HAHA!! You don't wanna see my true self! Oh wait, you already have. My catch-all I call a kitchen island. 3'x6' of junk mail and school papers, coupons, nail polish and everything under the sun. What a nightmare. I've long since given up on it ever being free of anything.

Corinne said...

You're so funny. . I think I have all of the above. Meaning, Weeds, dust thick enough to grow veggies, dirty dishes, and I won't mention my laundry pile. . .we all are behind! At least we can admit it right?

Kayleen said...

you are such real people. LOVE IT!

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Let's see...bedroom hasn't been cleaned in weeks, don't even look at my bathroom...we manage to get our laundry clean...but putting them away is a whole other story...our backyard looks even more of a jungle than yours did. Are there enough hours in the day? Yikes...

Ryan, Marilyn, and Karalee said...

unfortunately I have never ever been without high piles of laundry or dishes, and I really don't have any excuses old enough to blame it on!

Mikey and Mindy said...

I happened to read this post the same night my parents dropped in for a visit. I thought I had one more day for mad cleaning. It did no good to stop them on the driveway, my dad helped himself to a full tour. Can't sleep now, will be cleaning all night....

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Ha haha ha. It is mother's day.

The fact that there are three loads of dishes on my counter-top and that my kid's bathroom floor is covered in laundry and that the floor needs to be swept and that the clothes that actually are clean need to be folded and dinner still needs to be put in the fridge and the moldy pop-up camper needs to be disinfected and the wilting beech tree needs to be watered and the flowerbed is being taken over by weeds.....all that is my husband's problem today.

ahhhhh, mother's day.