Thursday, October 14, 2010

a bed

I've been following a blog for quite some time now. First, it was called Knock off Wood, now it is called Ana-White.com LOVE it! I dreamed of the furniture I would build. I showed Shane every plan. He mumbled things under his breath.

It came time to move Mo out of her crib. That's right, she's officially a big girl.


"Let's just go shopping for a bed," he said.

"Fine," I said, knowing full well that the bed we wanted would be way too pricey on the showroom floor.

After 3 hours of shopping. . . "So, how much do you think we would spend if we made the bed?"

Be still my soul.
I jumped right on the plans.

The trundle was a breeze. The bed gave us a little trouble, but nothing that we didn't work through. All in all, it turned out great. Shane is already talking about building an entertainment center.

The trundle. . . coming along nicely.
Here's the headboard before it was fully painted.
And here's the finished product. . . LOVE it!


12 comments:

Natalie said...

You are a rock star! I love it. What a handy husband and creative wife. You make a great time. (Oh, and the kids are pretty darn awesome too.)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh my gosh. I need one.

Hollie said...

Those pics are straight out of the PB magazine!! You've got little supermodels on your hands!

Rebecca said...

Cute Cute Cute Bed! I love it. You guys did a great job!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I love Knock off Wood! I, too, have a few favorites there...bunk bed, anyone?!

GREAT JOB on the trundle bed! I bet the girls will love it!

Josh and Amanda said...

I love the blog as well! Since we are having a baby in a couple of months, and we want to move our girls into the same room. We decided to make a bunk bed. My husband just finished the bed, and we love it! I will have to post some pictures sometime soon. I love your bed! It turned out great!

Cyndy said...

I love that bed!

Cyndy said...

did you get the plans for the bed on that website as well?

Kayleen said...

Cyndy, it's called the farmhouse bed. our plans were modified for equal height head and footboards.

Janet said...

I am so impressed! We need another twin sized bed as well, I'm going to check out the plans. :)

Lynette said...

I love this bed! I actually decided to put a trundle bed in my guest room so that the bed didn't take up all the space. You are right, they are really expensive! I'll have to check out the pattern and then hit my dad up for some help. :)

Tommie said...

R u freaking kidding me???