So, way back in the winter, I got a call. Stake girls camp director. I immediatley went into shock. Enter spring 2011. The stake underwent a massive re-alignment. That is when the blog took the back burner.
Camp was the week of the 5-8th of July. I have no pictures. All I have is the relief that comes from a fairly smoothly-run girls camp. Sweet relief.
We have done a lot of things this summer. Perhaps I was running on autopilot. Just one long checklist. Swimming lessons. . . check. . . football. . . check. . . summer reading. . . check. . .potty training. . . check. . . guitar lessons. . . check.
Photos of these events. . . no check. It's so unlike me.
I won't panic. We may be able to fit in a family camping trip and much more swimming before school starts in 3 weeks. . . that's right. . . 3 weeks. AHHH! How did the summer escape me?
Camp was the week of the 5-8th of July. I have no pictures. All I have is the relief that comes from a fairly smoothly-run girls camp. Sweet relief.
We have done a lot of things this summer. Perhaps I was running on autopilot. Just one long checklist. Swimming lessons. . . check. . . football. . . check. . . summer reading. . . check. . .potty training. . . check. . . guitar lessons. . . check.
Photos of these events. . . no check. It's so unlike me.
I won't panic. We may be able to fit in a family camping trip and much more swimming before school starts in 3 weeks. . . that's right. . . 3 weeks. AHHH! How did the summer escape me?
3 comments:
Camp was awesome! Probably the best one I've ever attended, despite all the weather complications and ward splits. Our girls had the best time and came away great friends, so in my book, mission accomplished. Good job!
Oh my goodness, my summer sounds identical to yours, plus we through a move in there too. Insanity. We really did do a lot of fun things with the kids, but I think I was on autopilot as well. I hardly took a single picture and now we are being crazy and taking off to Idaho for two weeks. I'm not sure what we were thinking at the beginning of the summer! And our school also starts in 3 weeks and I'm dying about that! Anyhow, way to go surviving it all and I hope you are enjoying the relief that comes from being done with Girls Camp!
Y'know...I think you misspelled "re-alignment", too. :)
Summers are crazy enough without being in charge of girl's camp, too! good job, I bet you were amazing. seriously, amazing. I remember what an awesome YW Pres you were back in the day.
Post a Comment