Wednesday, April 23, 2008

They're growing up!







Paige has been insisting for the last week that she needed to get her ears "peered." We figured that we would explain to her what happened during the ear "peering" and she would back down. NOPE! Saturday we headed to the mall for the big event, and when we entered Claire's she hopped up in the chair and said "I'm here to get my ears pierced!" (By that time we had corrected her and she knew all of the correct lingo!) We had to wait for a few minutes and Paige kept saying, "when are we going to do this?" She picked out pink earrings, of course, and everything went smoothly. We could see the shock on her face after the first one, but she claims that, "It didn't hurt, not one bit!" Even after the second piercing when the gun wouldn't come off of the earring, she still claimed that it felt good. I can't believe how big she is! I thought it was so cute to watch her walk around in the store afterward like she was completely in her element of glitz and glam.






























Tyler has more recently taken up golfing with Shane. He played his first official round a couple of weeks ago with Shane and they WALKED 18 holes! I couldn't believe it! Shane said he didn't even complain once. He even bogied a couple of holes. Saturday after we took Paige to the mall, we headed out to the driving range. Paige and I watched as they showed off their skills. Shane figured out that I could take continuous shots with my camera and had me photographing his shot so that he could evaluate it and improve the angles and yada yada yada. . . . I just have fun whenever the camera is involved! Tyler is all business out there on the putting green. . . just like his dad!







14 comments:

Elisha said...

Way to go Paige! I'll admit, I had mine re-done a few years ago and I didn't want the second one done! OUCH! Those are such adorable picutes! She's a tough one!

Anonymous said...

I AM TYLER WOODS!!!!!

Elicia said...

What a brave little girl! And I love her hair!! Always done up soo cute! And how fun that your boys have a hobby to share :)

Mary said...

Way Fun.....I want Allison to get her ears done but "no not yet" she keeps telling me.....I need your email for my blog, toazkyle@cox.net
What's with the Tyler Woods!!!!!

Cara said...

I can't decide when to pierce hailee's ears. I got mine done when I turned 8. I thought that would be a fun tredition, but I kind of want to do it now. Paige is so cute! I love her hair. I also love Shane & Tyler's matching clothes.

Micaela said...

Those were the same earrings we picked out for Jayden when she had her ears done! Too cute! Too bad we lost one of them... Ty looks like a little pro out there, I know I say it all the time, but he has just grown up SO MUCH! Great shot of Paige with the boys in the background!

mic said...

Wow, I don't think I coulda done that without crying. Brave girl. Keep working that swing Tyler!!

The Wright Family said...

Kayleen! I found your blog through your brother-in-law's sister from Driggs. I was so happy! I don't know if you remember me, but I am Crystal Rowbury that moved our sophomore year to Driggs. Your kids are so cute and you look so happy!!! I'd love to hear from you!

Everton Family said...

They are getting so big...it's a good thing you are having another because you make the cutest kids!!!

Tanner said...

Hey Kayleen! Your kids are adorable! They're getting SO big! Paige is SO dang cute, wanting to get her ears pierced! And... I LOVE our boy announcement you made! Thanks SO MUCH!! You are so wonderful to do that!!

Corinne said...

I can't believe she didn't even cry. I remember I threw up after I got mine pierced, and I was 12! Tyler looks like a natural golfer. . what a cute family!

Melissa Stubbs said...

Kayleen-It's Melissa Stubbs. It has been such a long time since we last saw y'all and the kids. They are so big!! We are glad that y'all are doing well. We are in Vermont and loving it so far. What cute kids!!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Kayleen, what a girly-girl you have! Hannah and Paige need to get together. Hannah's new favorite book is Pinkalicious- about a girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink.

She's so brave! I remember ear piercing, and it hurts!

The Coleman Family said...

you really need to teach me how to do little girl's hair! i love how u do Paige's hair! i can not believe how big they both have gotten!
hope you are doing well!
loves
kaleigh