Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Time Out for Women



I had the chance to go to Time Out for Women in Pleasanton this last weekend with Barb, Summer and Sarah. We missed Amy and Diana. What a great weekend! We flew in on Thursday night. We shopped 'till we dropped in San Francisco on Friday. I'm talking all 3 floors of Forever 21, Old Navy, and both floors of H&M and Anthropologie, and that's not even counting the gigantic mall and the yummiest lunch in between. I've walked all of San Fransisco in years past. We've seen Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge. We've eaten at Bubba Gumps and stuffed ourselves with goodies at Ghiradelli Square. But never have I shopped for 9 hours straight on Market Street.

We learned that:

1. San Fran is a whole different city after dark
2. You are only allowed to bring 6 articles of clothing into the Forever 21 dressing room at a time. That makes for a long stay in the dressing room.
3. 1 pound of chocolate should not cost more than the clothes on your back
4. the food court at the mall CAN be a pleasant dining experience
5. They DO NOT have shopping carts at Old Navy in SanFrancisco. . . I repeat they DO NOT have shopping carts at Old Navy in SanFrancisco
6. If you sit down after 8pm in Old Navy, you may not want to get up again. . . right, Sarah?
7. Last, but not least. . . TCBY is the only way to cure aching feet and tired eyes.



(Yeah, that's right Summ, I stole this from your blog. . . who did you steal it from?)


Saturday was a day spent at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds at the conference. We laughed, and laughed, and ate truffles and laughed some more. The speakers were so great, and the music by Hillary Weeks was amazing. Kris Belcher was by far my favorite speaker. Come to find out, Diana is good friends with her. See what happens when some of the family is missing? We could have introduced ourselves with Diana by our side. Lunch was in downtown Pleasanton with some of the Pleasanton crowd. After the conference we headed to Elephant Bar for dinner with the same crew. Then, we headed home, changed into our comfy sweats and dozed all the way through Bride Wars.


We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.



Sunday we went to church with Sarah and Josh, and then Sarah whipped up a fantastic dinner for us all. Smothered chicken, artichokes, mashed potatoes and banana cream pie. Yummy! Summer and I headed to the airport straight after dinner.


Meanwhile, back at the ranch. . . . Shane packed up the kiddos for funfilled night at the ward campout. As the temperature dropped, the girls began to whine. I can just hear it now. Shane gave me a little taste of the conversation. It went something like this:

Paige: I'm really cold Dad
Shane: O.k. come get in the bed with me
Mo: WAAAAAAA! (translates to: What the heck are we doing here!)
Paige: It's really really cold here, like colder than freezing!
Shane: Just try to go to sleep
Paige: Why is it so cold here?
Shane: it's 3:00 in the morning, could you just try to go to sleep?
Mo: WAAAAAAA! (translates to: NO, REALLY! WHAT THE HECK ARE WE DOING HERE!)

Shane said he packed up first thing in the morning to come straight home. Shortly after that, the rain and hail storm started. goody

They spent the rest of the weekend at home trying to sleep off their hangovers.

Paige is still recovering.



Hopefully last night was the last of the meltdowns for a while.


Shane has openly admitted that parenting is definitely a 2 parent job, and that it can be lonely sometimes without the help of your significant other.

I did find two cute little pictures that Paige drew. I'm glad she was able to forget the not-so-great parts of the trip.






Apparantly there was a "ded moose" or elk up there somewhere. I'm SO sorry that I missed seeing that one. Shucks. Maybe next time. At least she's not poking it with a stick in the picture.

5 comments:

Tommie said...

What a fun weekend!

I think its funny that you consider seeing a dead moose is ranked higher than being 'colder than freezing'

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ah, girls trips are the BEST! I love Paige's pics, adorable.

Connie said...

Ha ha, looks like you discovered my favorite thing to do in SF- SHOP! The shopping is fabulous there. I really miss it. Oh, and the BART... Now I am missing it and will have to go back soon :) It's nice to know you're missed when you're gone, huh? Paige is so funny!

Marilyn said...

If ancient egyptians could have drawn pictures like Paige, we would have had a fun time figuring out what they said! JK! Sounds like you had a blast!

Cara said...

I you really want to see at dead elk just look at my blog=)...really!