Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's hot out.

Is this what it's like in your house? Our kids have to be carefully trained for the summertime. We have to turn off the tv and invite a little creativity into their minds. Right now, they're " jammin' " with their guitars. Sounds awesome. Tyler can play the intro to 'Walk This Way' over and over and over. . . . . and over. Paige has a fake Barbie guitar. You can imagine the tunes that are going on here. Who needs tv?


Yesterday Mo and I whipped up a little roasted chicken for dinner. She LOVES to help. . . and pose. It's hot out. She insisted that she cook in only a diaper. . . and an apron. At least she chose to keep the diaper, otherwise, you wouldn't be seeing any pictures.



It's very hot out.
We decided it was time to get a pool.
Big decision.
Some might say it's not good enough.
We've never said that.
When you're hot, you find a way to cool down. ANY way.
Maybe it's a blow up pool.
Maybe some of us swim without suits. . . with only diapers
Maybe our grass is dead.
Maybe the pool is full of grass and leaves.
Maybe we don't care.

Maybe she looks like Quazimoto with her goggles on :)
Maybe he's a little pruny.
awww, I love you Quazimoto!
We have to end the day with a little snack. Mo's favorite and mine. She eats everything except for the dark green rind. We try to offer a new piece before she takes it that far.

4 comments:

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Aaah, summertime. Have fun in the pool!

The Viewer said...

You're so good! What an awesome mom you are :) I love the pics. You rock

Hollie said...

Paige has that head-tilt pose down pat, doesnt she? And that is an AWESOME pool...a littl murky, but what do the kids care?? We'll plan another swimming day at my mom's next week, I haven't gotten over there myself this week.

Ryan, Marilyn, and Karalee said...

Please let Kara have some of Mo's like for the camera! I need all the help I can get! What fun pictures, we are gettin wet too, to bad it is not in a swimming pool!