Friday, October 29, 2010

Spooky Trees

We've been planning it for weeks. Finish the costumes and take a trip to the "spooky trees" to have a shoot. The kids were so excited. So was I, let's be honest. Willing subjects. They didn't disappoint.




How to Train your Dragon has been a hit at our house.
o.k. so maybe that's an understatement. They are OBSESSED with it. I have to admit, it's a great movie, and these were the funnest costumes I've made yet. Morgan's was already made, but I added the wings. She kind of looked like a dinosaur before that. Paige's skirt is my favorite. . . and hers. I think she'd wear it to school every day if I let her. Tyler loves his necklace and studded vest.

My only hang up is the name of Paige's character. "Astrid". . . are you kidding me? What kind of parent names their kid Astrid. Let's pray that Paige doesn't mumble when she introduces herself.

Tyler couldn't be convinced to be Hiccup. He needed something more manly. "Scary Viking" it is. He likes anything with a mask so he can be silent all night. Talking to people would be pure torture.



There's a dragon now!

Watch out. . . she looks fierce!



WAIT! Don't hurt her! It turns out, dragons can be trained after all.


They make great pets.


and apparantly they suck their thumbs. . . who knew.



Happy Haunting!

9 comments:

Josh and Nat said...

Fantastic Costumes. Great pictures. you are my idol.

The Dixon Family said...

You have waaaaay out done yourself! I love it! You are so talented and creative!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I kind of want to be you sometimes. I need a quarter of your talent. LOVE the costumes.

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

So cute!!!!!! You are just so talented!!!!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

that is amazing!! You are, seriously, the most talented person I know. What lucky kids.

Speedy Gonzales said...

Ok, you've out done yourself this time! the costumes are perfect and page is quite the "look alike" Love it all!

Cyndy said...

Talented mom and cute kids!

Lynette said...

Great costumes!

Richelle said...

amazing. We love that movie also.