Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Apothecary Media Console Finished!


We've been working on another one of Ana White's amazing plans. The Apothecary Media Console. I originally wanted it in green, but after the amount of work that I forsaw with the painting, I went with a safe antique white. I don't regret it. It's a lot easier to change accessories than to repaint a massive piece like this.

Shane modified it to fit our needs. It's longer than Ana's plan and the center cubby in the top is wider to accomodate a sound bar in the future. Also, we went with 4 cupboard all the way across, mostly because he didn't want to tackle drawers. He used wood and mdf. I love that the top portion is hardwood so that we had the option to stain where the baskets and sound bar will go. The top is made of 4 beams stained to match the interior.


I painted the outside with white paint that matches our baseboards. The glaze made it look a little more creamy.


The faux drawer fronts were painted, then lightly sanded. . . this process repeated twice and then twice more with the polycrylic. They're as smooth as butter!


Take a look at the pb version, then ours. Can you tell the difference? I can't. This project took so much more patience than we expected. It payed off.


10 comments:

Hollie said...

EEEEK!! I LOVE IT!!!! You guys did a great job! It's gorgeous...I can't say enough!

You inspire me.

Lynette said...

Wow! Great job!!

Shannon said...

WOW. I thought the second picture WAS the original. (And then I saw the picture of Paige, hehe)

What a TALENT you have, Kayleen! This is gorgeous.

Richelle said...

Wowie, Wow, Wow. So Shane is a carpenter also.

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

okay i totally meant to put a comment on this post but put it on the prior one. it looks awesome!!!!!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I have been waiting to see the finished project and am so jealous! I love love it. It's perfect. If I had any patience in me I'd tackle it with Clint. But, um, no.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Beautiful!!! That's my next project, too, but I haven't convinced Richard! Ana White is great, isnt' she?!!?

Speedy Gonzales said...

That looks Amazing, job well done!!!

Tiffany Dawn Evans said...

it looks great, so crafty!!

Anonymous said...

What color white did you use?

Thanks!