Morgan and I walked Ferb to the bus stop today to pick up Paige. I had that rock-in-the-gut feeling that Paige may not want to see me, so I softened the blow by bringing along the fluffy white dog. I may have forgotten to put lunch money in her account this weekend, even though she pleaded with me on Friday to "please put it in NOW so I don't have to eat the cheese sandwich."
I am a horrible person.
I blew her off.
I told her I absolutely would NOT forget.
She had to eat the cheese sandwich, and to make it worse, so did Tyler.
I tried to joke with her. I said, "I'm so sorry! I really am! Is the cheese sandwich so bad that it makes you want to cry?"
She said, "I did."
"You did what? (rock in the gut growing bigger and bigger)
"I did cry."
Apparently the cheese sandwich is a nasty cold hamburger bun with nasty cold cheese on top. Nothing else. I think they might get milk with it.
WORST MOM OF THE CENTURY!
But, like kids do, she forgave me by the time we got to our street. (I still have not forgiven myself.) Then she told me the following story:
"You know Alex, in my class, who called me on the phone? He likes me. I mean he LIKES me like L-O-V-E, likes me. He said I have a girlfriend, and I said, who? He said I had to guess. I guessed all the girls I knew, Mom, but he said no, no, no... I said, then who is it? He said, I'm looking at her! I told him I don't have a boyfriend, but he says I do. I told my friends at recess and they said....WHAT?!? He asked me who I liked and I said NOBODY!"
That's my girl.
She may have mentioned at dinner that he smells his own pits occasionally. Ya, let's steer clear of that one....mkay?

2 comments:
Ok I feel better. My kids get stamped if I forget to send lunch money. I am glad I am not the only one who occasionally fails as a mother.
seriously hilarious! she should have pulled the subway commercial on that kid who likes her and made him give her his lunch because their boyfriend and girlfriend!
Post a Comment