I think it's been long enough. I've had time now to separate the fun days from the "not so fun" days. Let me elaborate. I'm sure this won't be much different from many of your holiday breaks seeing that the flu was traveling like wildfire. I won't go into details...I don't want to relive those memories :)
We drove to Idaho, stopping for a night in Henderson, NV and another night in UT with Brevin and Amy. All good memories, no worries.
We met little Dane for the first time...what a cutie!
Then we bundled up for the lights on Temple Square. Paige was giddy with family togetherness. . . Skipping through temple square with thousands of people around and hugging any family member within reach. She just loves it when we get to see family. It was a little cold, but not bad. I though the kids would complain, but they were so glad to be there with everybody. Not one word of complaint.
On Christmas Eve morning we woke up and got ready for the last leg of the drive to Mom and Dads. The weather was clear. . . Tyler was bummed. He was hoping for gobs of snow.
Christmas Eve dinner was yummy homemade tomato soup and sausage bread.
The kids opened their jammies and we watched the church Nativity video...love that one. Then, off to bed.
Of course, in following tradition...we have to wrap the door.
I love this part!
We emptied stockings before church and then got all dressed up to go to sacrament meeting. I really like having Christmas on Sunday. All of the music and the great talks combined with taking the sacrament really bring a great feeling to the day.
After church we finished opening all of the gifts and ate turkey dinner with pies!
That's when we really started to understand the severity of the flu situation.
Corinne called saying that one of the girls was sick. They didn't come for dinner. The sickness continued....ALL WEEK.
We snuck some fun activities in between the puking sessions.
Sledding in Victor with Ryan and Marilyn
Playing at the school gym with all of the fun new Christmas toys
Dinner at Bamboo Garden
Shane, Tyler and Grandpa shooting skeet
and Tyler's 11th birthday party...bowling, pizza and oreo cupcakes
It really turned bad in the middle of the night after this party. So, that's where this post ends.
We're glad that we could visit for the holidays. It's crazy and hectic, but the best memories are made that way. I'm sure we'll laugh about it later.


+edit.jpg)
+edit.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment