End of March - Shane was laid off from his job. They've been really great to him, the Dr's and techs. They've sent out his resume. They gave him more than 30 days to transition. It's been over 30 days now and he has an offer. In fact, right at this very minute he's heading out the door to go talk to the new doc who offered him a position.
So. . .what do you do when your hubby comes home and tells you that he has 30 days left to work. Ummmm . . . .
1. panic
2. pray
3. weigh your options
4. pray
5. try your darndest to explain it to your kids
6. pray
7. continue your day to day (VERY frugally)
8. pray
9. try to make light of the situation
10. pray
Are you seeing a pattern yet?
SO many people are going through this right now. We feel so blessed to have leads and opportunities coming our way.
Before Shane's job fiasco, I had booked a long weekend to Memphis to see some old friends. Luckily, I still got to go because Tommie had rounded up a handful of shoots for me while I was out there. Here are a few of those results:


Aren't they cute families!I'd already forgotten the slow pace and the relaxing feel of the mid-south. It all came rushing back to me the minute I set foot into the Little Rock airport. You feel it in the air. Makes you want to burst out with a HI Y'ALL! . . . and then let everyone know what'cher "fixin" to do. I had Morgan with me, and she was sooo good!
She picked up a few spare grandpas along the way:
o.k, so not such a great picture. This little one is hard to catch in a smile. . . . Morgan, not Jeff!
Larry and Morgan
Of course, we made a stop at Fat Larry's BBQ in Barlett. If you're ever in the area, you MUST go. We had our way with some juicy bbq sandwiches, one fabulous bleu cheese grilled chicken salad, fried green beans and fried pickles.
Left to right, Glenda, Micaela, Tommie, Sally and Morgan
BBq pork sandwich topped with coleslaw and larry's AMAZING bbq sauce
I don't care if you don't think it looks good. Pictures could never do it justice.
Also having seperation anxiety from:

Tommie was oh-so-generous and picked up a little stash for me to bring home. What I witnessed the next day may go down as the newest version of Gone In 60 Seconds. I told him that the only way to get more is to go back to Memphis. Dang ;)
I also had a great time doing a little junkin' with the girls.
I still can't believe I had to leave this beauty there. sniff sniff
Glenda and I tackled our first official "mistreatment." We think it looks pretty snazzy. Now I need to put up some window treatments in my house.


I had such a great time! I can't wait to come back!
left to right: Tommie, Glenda, Me and Morgan
Today we cashed in on the movie tickets that some generous ladies from Shane's office gave us at his goodbye party. We saw:

We LOVED it! A bit scary for little girls, but not my girl. . . nope, she's not scared of anything! Even Morgan enjoyed it, although her 3D glasses were broken before the movie even started.
Last, but not least, we headed to Tucson last weekend for Shane's last continuing education conference with his company.
On the agenda: swimming, swimming and more swimming
What really happened: Swimming, swimming, and sunburn. . . . ouch. But lots of fun anyway.



Over and out
9 comments:
Aaaauuugh! I am so sorry I missed you in Memphis. Richard was out of town for work and he didn't get back in time for me to drive up. Grrrr....then I didn't email you because I was too disappointed/embarrassed. forgive me?
Your trip looks like it was a blast. I love your idea of renting a U-haul and driving out there for a little "junkin'" as you called it! Looks like they have a lot more junk in TN (the good kind)! I'm so glad that things are looking up for you guys. We're praying right along with you.
Soooo. Is Shane's new job in DENVER? Just wondering . . .
ok, now I miss you all over again!!! (BTW you left out BBQ NACHOS)Next time we need to meet at a resort/spa and do some chillin' and relaxin'
Thanks so much for letting Paige come over this afternoon. She was so sweet with Joey.
So which offer did he accept?
I loved seeing all your Memphis pictures. I miss all those guys! And I could certainly do with a little Fat Larry's myself.
Now I have to go to Memphis for that BBQ sandwich...it looks like HEAVEN! And what is this dip? I don't recall being told about the deliciousness of that!
I WANT PANCHO'S!!!!! That is one thing that I really miss. AND FAT LARRY'S!!! I want to go back. Hope you had FUN!
Thanks for the memories. I miss Memphis and those there. Once Memphis gets into you it never really leaves. BTW I love all your pictures. Your family is adorable, as they always have been.
Post a Comment