Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th


Friday the 13th.

It's never as bad as they make it sound. Whoever "they" are.
Ty and I started the day at 2am with the meteor shower.
Some were so bright that they left a trail.
We were out for about 20 minutes and saw probably 15 meteors.
Beautiful and quiet.

I remember, as a kid, my Mom laying out with us on the trampoline, pointing out constellations and planets until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. I remember watching a solar eclipse. . . I'm pretty sure it wasn't a full eclipse, but it was really cool. I remember going with my family to my neighbor's home late at night to look though his gigantic telescope. We saw moons and rings on planets. . . all sorts of goodies.

My point is that there is something magical about the sky.
It makes you feel so small . . . a small part of something so big.
photo found at ChristianScienceMoniter.com

After the 2 am show, I woke up at 5:20 to go jogging/walking with Hollie. Let's be honest here, I wasn't exactly skipping down the street. 2am will do that to you. I got to the park, and there, on the ground, was a five dollar bill. How often do you get paid to jog?

Later in the day, the house became eerily quiet.
I was sure my luck had run out.

I grabbed my camera.

"MO? What are you doing?"

I found her in her room.

Me: What are you doing?

Mo: But? (means 'what' in her language)

Me: yes, what?

Mo: purse

Me: Oh ya? Do you have something in there?

Mo: yup.


Mo: keys


Mo: Mickey Mouse


Mo: dis. . . Ty Ty's (it's a lego)


Mo: dis



Mo: mokey

Mo: wing

Mo: cama

Me: are you sure you don't have any markers in there?

Mo: NO!


Her feet told a different story.


Each toenail carefully painted. Marks on her belly, legs, feet and hands.
But, here's where I luck out.

It's dry-erase marker.

And, no marker on anything but her and the dry erase board.


nothin' on the Kara baby, nothin' on the carpet or the beds.


Lucky me.

Tonight we're celebrating our 11th anniversary. Our anniversary is actually tomorrow, but tomorrow became too complicated. So tonight it is. Date night. . . massages and dinner. Ahhhh.

Paige just asked me why I like dates so much

and

when does she get to go on a date

Ummm. . . when you're 16

Paige: Justin Beiber goes on dates.

what the? . . . .

Happy Friday the 13th.

4 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

That stinkin' Justin Beiber. Gah!

Love your cutie Mo.

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Mo is hilarious. And I love the fact that you grabbed your camera because you knew there would be a photo op coming. Glad she didn't get the marker on the carpet, the walls, etc. :)

Happy anniversary!!

And Ms. Paige...I'm not too surprised....haha

Sarah (and a few others) said...

What a great photo documentary! and her feet! *sigh* so sad I've never met Mo. she seems so cool.

Ryan, Marilyn, and Karalee said...

seriously hilarious! Sounds like Paige knows how to keep up with the stars, seriously Justin Beiber? Ha Ha